Technical Consultant – Level II
Posted: 16 July 2019
Reporting to: Service Desk Manager
Location: 2 Deighton Close, Wetherby, Leeds, LS22 7GZ
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Our Technical Support teams provide a complex mix of both customer and technical support and act as a customer focused interface between Claritas Solutions Technical Department and a range of clients, prospects, suppliers and partners.
Working as part of the 2nd line team, and with a passion for providing and promoting outstanding customer service at all times, you will be expected to provide a wide range of support and implementation activities at Claritas Solutions’ offices, hosting locations and customer sites.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing fault diagnostics to provide resolution for any customer and internal issues escalated from 1st line. This includes escalating to 3rd line teams when a fault cannot be resolved
- Manage and pro-actively ensure that timely and appropriate updates are communicated back to customers
- Ensuring resolution of any open tickets is managed in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring clients are provided with a response within defined SLA
- Ensuring all ticket progress updates, client details and resolution information is logged onto the internal helpdesk system
- Attending customer sites and Claritas’ Data Centres to perform installation work and consultancy services
- Assist in the execution of client support contracts.
- Coaching and supporting colleagues
- Once trained and SC cleared, joining the out of hours on-call Technical Support rota
- Ad-hoc activities as determined by the engineering team leaders and Head of Service
- Adherence to ISO27001 standards
- Compliance with policies and procedures
- Handling and protection of information
- Reporting of security events.
There will also be times when assistance is needed during busy times. Tasks may include:
- Answering phones calls made to the help desk
- Assisting the pre-sales process by attending meetings and constructing proposals
This is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
Essential Education, Training & Qualification
- Minimum qualifications – GCSE level Maths, English and ICT
- MCSA or MCSE Qualification or nearing completion
- and / or Cisco CCNA / Checkpoint CCSA CCSE - or nearing completion.
Desirable Education, Training & Qualification
- A Level or higher qualifications in ICT
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- 2 Years Technical Help Desk or Computer Engineering experience
- Experience in networking/servers infrastructure environment or similar.
- Some form of computer related certification in the areas of Network / Server (Cisco Certified Network Associate/Check Point Certified Security Administrator/Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate)
- Experience in using helpdesk software
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- IT skills including a self-sufficiency using a range of software packages and accurate IT product knowledge
- Good communication, questioning and listening skills
- Problem solving
- Customer focused
- Ability to be organised and accurate.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to apply computer engineering principles in issue resolution.
Essential Personal Characteristics
- Willing to work closely within our small, growing team
- Numeracy skills including high levels of accuracy
- Strong organisational skills including proven ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good relationship building
- Effective decision making
- Respect for confidentiality and integrity
- Highly customer centric with a passion for providing excellence in customer service
- An intelligent self-starter with the ability to work on his/her own initiative or as part of a team as is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication ability; Tactful, diplomatic and sympathetic when dealing with customer problems. Shows empathy with customer issues
- Confident and with the ability to interact with other members of the team as well senior management
- Ability to question existing processes and provide input to improve where necessary
- Logical mindset and ability to extract relevant information from a caller / ticket
- A willingness to learn and not be afraid to get involved in unfamiliar areas of technology
- Proactive and forward thinking approach
- Ability to think laterally and possess a strong problem solving capability
- Strong desire to extend their own experience and knowledge.
It is also desirable for applicants to be a car owner with a clean and current driving licence.
Security Vetting and Police Questionnaires to be completed as a condition of employment.
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com