Posted: 04 December 2019
Reporting to: Development Manager
Location: 2 Deighton Close, Wetherby, Leeds, LS22 7GZ
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Responsible for writing and maintaining software applications to meet customer requirements and producing concise and robust code.
The role involves writing, building, testing, implementing and supporting applications using various computer languages and development tools. This role also requires continuous growth and dedication to improvement of skills and knowledge in all areas of software design and delivery.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Perform coding to written technical specifications
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects
- Create, document, and implement unit tests, plans, scripts
- Provide assistance to clients in identifying and resolving issues
- Perform related duties as assigned
There will also be times when assistance is needed during busy times. Tasks may include:
- Attending meetings with customers and suppliers
- Attending data centres to supervise client access
- Assisting the presales process by attending meetings and constructing proposal
- Performing technical installation and support in areas where technical skill exists.
This is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
Essential Education, Training & Qualification
- Minimum qualifications – GCSE level Maths and English
- Relevant degree in software development / at least three years development experience.
Desirable Education, Training & Qualification
- Degree Level or higher qualifications in software engineering
- At least 3 years commercial development experience
- In depth knowledge of C# and the .NET Framework
- Experience using Sharepoint
- Good presentation and communication skills. Be able to provide verbal and written material and contribute to meetings.
- Any experience in software development lifecycle / architecting / languages
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Full understanding of object orientated methods and concepts
- IT skills including a self-sufficiency using a range of software packages
- Good communication skills, ability to be organised and accurate
- Experience using commercial / professional development environment
- Knowledge of database architecture and design
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Ability to work well within a team.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Architecting / design skills
- Basic understanding of networking and communications
- Exposure to multiple operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft CRM.
Essential Personal Characteristics
- Willing to work closely within our small, growing team
- Financial and numeracy skills with high levels of accuracy
- Strong organisational skills including proven ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Respect for confidentiality and integrity.
It is also desirable for applicants to be a car owner with a clean and current driving licence.
- This role does not direct the activities of staff or a function, but may assist with the co-ordination of technical presales activity
- Security Vetting and Police Questionnaires to be completed as a condition of employment.
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com