Junior Software Developer
Posted: 04 December 2019
Reporting to: Development Manager
Location: 2 Deighton Close, Wetherby, Leeds, LS22 7GZ
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
You will have a passion for Coding and want to work in an exciting commercial environment learning how to write bespoke software. The major focus will be around web technologies from web sites to mobile applications. By the very nature of the industry it will be a constantly changing environment so you should be open to change and be able to concentrate on writing software.
Ultimately the role will evolve into writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing and supporting applications using various computer languages and development tools. This role also requires continuous growth and dedication to improvement of skills and knowledge in all areas of software design and delivery. The main responsibilities (once you have sufficient skills and experience in the role) are detailed below.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Perform coding to written technical specifications
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Perform related duties as assigned.
There will also be times when assistance is needed during busy times. Tasks may include:
- Answering phones calls made to the help desk and company’s main number
- Taking delivery from couriers.
This is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
Essential Education, Training & Qualification
- Minimum qualifications – GCSE level Maths and English.
Desirable Education, Training & Qualification
- Qualifications in ITC and/or software engineering.
- Any experience in software development lifecycle / architecting / languages
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Be able to provide verbal and written material and contribute to meetings.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Basic IT skills including a self-sufficiency using a range of software packages.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Good communication skills, ability to be organised and accurate
- Limited experience using commercial / professional development environment
- Basic knowledge of database architecture and design
- Basic understanding of networking and communications.
Essential Personal Characteristics
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Ability to work well within a team
- Good concentration and high attention to detail
- Willing to work closely within our small, growing team
- Financial and numeracy skills including high levels of accuracy
- Strong organisational skills including proven ability to prioritise and work to deadline
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Respect for confidentiality and integrity.
It is also desirable for applicants to be a car owner with a clean and current driving licence.
- Security Vetting and Police Questionnaires to be completed as a condition of employment.
To apply, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org