Posted: 04 December 2019
Reporting to: Technical Support Manager
Location: 2 Deighton Close, Wetherby, Leeds, LS22 7GZ
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Responsible for diagnosing and resolving problems within customer software applications.
The role involves working to set service level agreements, diagnosing and fixing problems within applications. Building, testing, deploying and supporting applications using various computer languages and development tools. This role also requires continuous growth and dedication to improvement of skills and knowledge in all areas of software design and delivery.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the timely resolution of open calls and call actions across all customers
- Work flexibly to ensure SLA’s are met
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Perform related duties as assigned.
There will also be times when assistance is needed during busy times. Tasks may include:
- Assisting the presales process by attending meetings and constructing proposal.
This is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
Essential Education, Training & Qualification
- Minimum qualifications – GCSE level Maths, English and ICT
- 1 + years commercial experience in C#
- 1 + years commercial experience of Microsoft CRM.
Desirable Education, Training & Qualification
- Relevant higher education or degree in software development
- Knowledge of Infrastructure / Networking, SQL Server / TSQL
- Understanding of internet concepts like protocols (FTP, HTTP), web services, REST, IP addresses.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Be able to provide verbal and written material and contribute to meetings.
- Any experience in software development lifecycle / architecting / languages.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of object orientated methods and concepts
- IT skills including a self-sufficiency using a range of software packages
- Good communication skills, ability to be organised and accurate
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of networking and communications
- Exposure to multiple operating systems
- Experience using commercial / professional development environment
- Some knowledge of database architecture and design
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
Essential Personal Characteristics
- Able to deliver exceptional solution orientated customer service
- Numeracy skills including high levels of accuracy
- Strong organisational skills including proven ability to prioritise, work to strict deadlines and balance competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Effective decision making
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours to minimise customer disruption
- Comfortable working with complex problems involving hardware and software and willingness to learn new technologies
- Engages professionally and appropriately with customers from junior to executive level
- Respect for confidentiality and integrity.
It is also desirable for applicants to be a car owner with a clean and current driving licence.
- This role does not direct the activities of staff or a function
- Security Vetting and Police Questionnaires to be completed as a condition of employment.
To apply, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org