Technical Presales Consultant
Posted: 16 March 2020
Reporting to: Senior Solutions Architect
Location: 2 Deighton Close, Wetherby, Leeds, LS22 7GZ
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
We are looking for a Technical Presales Consultant to provide technical input to solutions advocated by the Company, as part of the sales cycle.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a technical escalation point for the Claritas Solutions sales staff
- Provide an interface to the Technical department for the sales staff
- Ascertain client requirements by communicating with them in various ways (including face-to-face meetings, telephone conversation or email, etc)
- Suggest technical solutions to client requirement using a variety of supplier’s products and in-house skills.
- Assisting the sales process by attending meetings, responding to "request for tender" documents and constructing proposal
- Establish and maintaining relationships with new and ongoing clients, suppliers and partners
- Where necessary, perform "due diligence" exercises on supplier and partners products and offerings.
There will also be times when assistance is needed during busy times. Tasks may include:
- Attending data centres to supervise client access
- Performing technical installation and support in areas where technical skills exist.
This is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
Essential Education, Training & Qualification
- Minimum qualifications – GCSE level Maths and English
- Some form of computer related certification in the areas of Networking/Server Infrastructure design or Technical Presales (e.g. Cisco Certified Design Associate /Check Point Sales Certification).
Desirable Education, Training & Qualification
- Degree Level or higher qualifications in an engineering discipline.
- 2 Years as Technical Architect or similar
- At least 4 years commercial experience in networking/servers infrastructure environment or similar
- Good presentation and communication skills. Be able to provide verbal and written material and contribute to meetings
- Demonstrable knowledge of products in the Connectivity, Hosting and Security IT provision.
- Any experience in partner or channel management
- Any experience with connectivity/hosting/security service provider.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- IT skills including a self-sufficiency using a range of software packages
- Good communication skills, ability to be organised and accurate, IT product knowledge.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Problem solving and ability to apply engineering principles.
Essential Personal Characteristics
- Willing to work closely within our small, growing team
- Financial and numeracy skills including high levels of accuracy
- Strong organisational skills including proven ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Respect for confidentiality and integrity.
- Clean, current driving licence
- Car owner.
Security Vetting and Police Questionnaires to be completed as a condition of employment.
To apply, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org